The history of the Sluagh is one of loss and betrayal, much of
it brought upon themselves through their own mistakes.
Summary of important events:
- Sluagh created as the incarnation of the Oath of
Guardianship of the Dreaming by the Mountain King using the
Emerald that Lies at the Heart of the
World, in response to the
appearance of Redcap.
- Swore Oath of Guardianship of the Dreaming at
- Helped to protect Nocker from the
Dreaming's efforts to destroy Ironfell, in
exchange for weapons of iron.
- Swore Oath of the Long Road to the Sidhe to
destroy the souls of members of House Leanhaun.
- In destroying House Leanhaun they broke their Oath
of Guardianship. This rendered them toothless and unable to speak
above a whisper.
- After seeking to have their Oath of the Long Road
annulled and being refused by the Sidhe, the Sluagh stop killing
House Leanhaun Sidhe, and break their Oath of the Long Road. They
lose their ability to fly.
- Helped the Sidhe put down the Troll Revolt, after
the Sidhe offered to annul the effects of their earlier
Oathbreaking in exchange. The Sidhe do nothing.
The Sluagh are responsible for returning fae souls to the Dreaming Beyond. They catch
souls which have been disconnection
from their Dreamstuff form and taken
them to Moonbeam Fissure,
where they are given over to the Dragon
that lives there.